Friday, August 28, 2009
I am very happy to participate in the FIL - MILK event conducted by my dear friend sanghi.
and this is my recipe for the event.
Carrots - 500gms (grated)
Milk - 3-4 cups
Sugar - 3 cups
Ghee - 3 tsp
Cardomom - 3 nos (mashed)
Cashewnuts, raisins, walnuts
1) Heat milk in a pan, when it is above to boil, simmer for 20 mins (keep stirring in between).
2) Heat another pan, put ghee and the grated carrots and fry for 5-6 minutes.
3) Grind the fried grated carrots, 4-5 tsps of milk and sugar into a fine paste.
4) Add the above mixture in the boiling milk (step 1) , add cardomom and keep stirring till it becomes thick.
5) Garnish with nuts. Serve hot or cold.