Sunday, September 27, 2009
Rice - 1 cup
ghee - 2 cups
dry grapes - 1/2 cup
cashewnuts - 1/2 cup
elachi - 4 nos
jaggery - 2 cups
coconut (grated) - 1 cup
1) Grate jaggery and keep aside. Heat water in pan, add rice and let it boil. when rice is half cooked, add the grated jaggery and stir well.
2) add 1 tsp ghee and keep stirring. In separate pan, add ghee (1 tsp), dry grapes, cashew and fry till golden. keep aside. Fry coconut in the same pan with 1 tsp ghee till coconut turns brown.
3) stir the jaggery - rice content at regular intervals till the water becomes half. add 1 tsps of ghee at regular intervals. Now add the fried coconut, drygrapes, elachi and cashew in it and keep stirring.
4) stir the payasam, until it becomes like a paste. serve hot.
Sweet Bread Toast:
Bread - 5- 6 nos
Sugar - 1 cup
ghee - 1 cup
1) Spread ghee in front and back side of the bread. sprinkle sugar on both sides.
2) Now heat the pan and toast the bread on both sides till it becomes little golden.
Sending these to sanghi for FIL-GHEE event